<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004




I just came back from the Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Garden, and it was quite spectacular. Strings of tiny lights covered everything, speakers played Christmas music, and there was a light show in the middle of a tiny lake. The dancing lights were synchronized to the rhythm of the music, their multicolored flickers illuminating the dark water. The endless stream of lights, along with the nebulous reflections in the water gave the place a soft glow. Santa Claus was also there, but I didn’t go near him because he scares me. A SATB choir was singing indoors with an accompanying keyboardist, and standing there, hearing the mingling of their voices and the warm melodies, and seeing the flushed and happy faces of everyone there, I felt a genuine appreciation for everything around me.

When I got home, I ate homemade fruitcake with my family.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?