<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a movie. The Spongebob Squarepants Movie is a masterpiece. 90 minutes of pure fun. The theatre was fuller than usual, and I had to sit next to a little blond girl. When I said "That looks terrible" at the end of a preview, the little girl hissed, "Shush!" Meanwhile, her three-year old sister was wailing like an animal and probably pissing all over the place. I did not poke her in the face. Another sign of maturation.

At the end of it, some elementary school boys at the front stood up, pounded their fists into the air and screamed, "YEAH SPONGEBOB! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" I felt like doing the same, but I didn't want to embarrass my friends.

I couldn't talk about anything else the entire weekend. As always, my parents fell to the receiving end of my nonstop chatter. "It grew, JUST LIKE THAT. He grew a mustache by pure will! Mom, seriously, I don't understand why you don't watch Spongebob."

Go see it. Seriously.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?