<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Emergency Post

The Avocado is supposed to be on a hiatus, I know. And I'm supposed to be studying for my midterms. But see, I cannot stop listening to Creed's 'One Last Breath". This can only be done on the computer with my massive headphones on, so alas, I am glued. The guitar riffs that run through the song tug on something inside of me. It renders me motionless and if you watch me you'll see me frown. I frown in pain whenever I hear something beautiful. If you observe my face when I listen to classical music you'll think I'm in some sort of deep, sorrowing pain. In a way, I am. I'm not a big fan of Creed - their sound is often too harsh and muddy with overpowering drumming and too much treble - but people, you have to hear the beginning of this song. Their website is probably the best I have seen, giving you all of their songs plus all of the lyrics.

If I want, I can do online physics questions for 'bonus marks'. I am greatly skeptical of this. I can guess that everybody in my program will take advantage of 'bonus marks' - keeners, all of us - thus ridding the 'bonus' marks of their 'bonus' quality. If we all get bonus marks, we're still all the same relatively. This forces me to do the online questions, as they will probably end up be worth actual marks when it's all worked out. They're basically variations of the textbook questions, and I don't see how they will prepare me because staring at a computer screen will just make me blind.

I am the epitome of someone glaringly in lack of sleep. On the busride home today I yawned so frequently my face hurt. I can just imagine the thoughts running through the minds of my fellow bus-prisoners: Shit that girl has problems. Ouch that yawn looked like it hurt. Better not stare she looks dangerous, with the braces and all. If you were to find the number of my yawns as a function of time, you'd - no, you don't want to do that, please don't do that.

I can't thank you enough for reading. I am emotionally unstable, but hey, I have readers.

Soon: Jenny Wets Her Pants Again

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?