<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

Dinner Table Conversation

Me: "You like the flowers I bought? They're so pretty."
My father: "I feel sorry for them. They were growing happily and now they've been ripped from their roots and made to sit on top of someone's dinner table."
"But see, they were grown with the sole purpose of being pretty in someone's home. They've fulfilled that purpose. You like the vase? I got it today. It's so minimalist."

----

"My father: Maybe you'll be a famous physicist one day."
Me: "Not possible."
"Look at Einstein. He wasn't that bright as a child."
"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"
"He wasn't successful at all when he was young. And look how he turned out."
"Right."
"Look at Osama bin Laden. Teachers say he was quite the shy kid."
"I don't want to be a terrorist."
"But look at the kind of leader he is. He has so much power."
"That's because he has money. If I had money, I could have a lot of power over people too if I wanted to. I'd also buy lots of flowers."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?