<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Due to the recent discovery of my site in USDAFOODS as well as numerous hits with the search word avocados, the time has come to be educational and teach fellow readers about avocados and exactly why they are good for the body.

Having been born with the tendency to be lazy, I will give you links instead of actual information. Well, maybe I'll give you a little information.

Avocados are pear-shaped fruits with leathery skin, yellowish-green flesh, and a large seed. They are also called alligator pears and avocado pears. In my diet, they are found in sushi - usually california rolls - and sometimes in its natural, raw, fruit form, which my mother forces me to eat with a spoon. (As opposed to with a stick, I guess)

They are nutritous fruits, and perhaps one of the only fruits with fat. This is one of the best avocado sites, containing everything about avocados including recipes, facts, health benefits, and growing information.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?